Propane – Safe, Clean and Cost-Effective
There are many benefits, and many uses, for propane when addressing your energy needs. The question becomes – how do you get started? As a reliable, trustworthy propane supplier, Collett Propane has many options for you when it comes to buying your propane:
1. Pre-Buy: Generally this is the most cost-effective way to purchase propane. Simply put, you purchase a specific amount of propane up front, based on past usage. The price you pay is fixed for the entire heating season. Propane will be delivered to you on a 5 week rotation schedule, or more often if needed.
2. Budget: Based on past usage, Collett establishes the amount of gas we think you are going to use and then divide that into 11 equal payments. On the 12th month, we evaluate actual useage and cover any overages. Your price is fixed for the entire heating season and brought out to you in a 5 week rotation schedule, or more often if needed.
3. Auto Fill: With this method, we still come out on a 5 week scheduled rotation, or more often as needed. The main difference is, your price is not fixed. You pay market price for gas. Collett provides 30-day payment terms for your gas and It is our responsibility to keep your tank full.
4. Will Call: Order your gas on your schedule, when you need it. You pay market price for the gas and it is your responsibility to keep your tank full. If you run out of gas on your normally scheduled fill day, there could be additional fees applied*. Delivery fees will apply for deliveries requested after hours or weekends.
“Will Call” customer may have to pay an additional fee if we are required to change our normal route to deliver your gas. If we are able to work you in during normal deliveries, no additional fees will apply.
5. COD: This method of purchase is the least cost-effective way to buy propane gas. Market price payment is required for the gas, in advance, before delivery. It is your responsibility to keep your tank filled. The same fee schedule will be applied if you run out of gas and we have to come out and fill your tank on an off day, weekend or after hours. To take advantage of any one of the aforementioned purchase methods, you must first start by signing up to be a Collett customer. This can be done in person at one of our 3 conveniently located offices, online or via Help Desk.